Family-Friendly Fun at NHRA Sonoma Nationals
Sonoma Raceway is the place to be for family-friendly fun, as the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series roars into town for the NHRA Sonoma Nationals, July 25-27.
This high-horsepower weekend is highlighted by the popular Kids-Free program on Saturday, July 26. Children (12 and under) are admitted FREE on Saturday and adult tickets start at just $39. Saturday will also feature a free kids-only Q&A session with NHRA star drivers Brittany and Courtney Force. The daughters of 16-time NHRA Funny Car Champion John Force pilot their Castrol Edge Top Fuel dragster and Traxxas Radio Control Mustang Funny Car, respectively, at speeds of more than 300 mph. Children (and their parents) are invited to attend this Q&A with the sister racing duo at 12:30 p.m. on the Raceway Cafe Patio on Saturday.
In addition, families can enjoy a full lineup of family-friendly fun throughout the weekend, including:
- 4th annual Blast on the Grass car show offers a beautiful display of hot rods, muscle cars and exotic vehicles. $25 to participate.
- 5th annual Nostalgia Get-Together features a stellar collection of more than XXX vintage dragsters, including the 1955 Chevy from American Graffiti.
- Track Talk Q&A sessions with stars of the NHRA in the Wine Country Winner's Circle on Friday at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m..
- Sunday's Starting Line Party, featuring a Q&A and Track Walk with defending Sonoma champions Shawn Langdon, Ron Capps, Vincent Nobile and Hector Arana Jr. This VIP pass also includes access to racer introductions. $20 ticket upgrade
- After final-round eliminations Sunday, fans are invited onto the race surface for a free scoop of Dreyer's grand Ice Cream, in honor of the NHRA Funny Car racer Eric Medlen. All donations will benefit Speedway Children's Charities, the charitable arm of the raceway.
In addition, race fans 12 and under are encouraged to join the Sonoma Raceway Kids Club. Members receive a personalized Sonoma Raceway Kids Club badge, exclusive posters and specials gifts. To sign up, stop by the Kids Club booth located inside the Ticket Pit Stop behind the Main Grandstand or visit www.racesonoma.com/kids for more information.
Not to mention every race ticket is a pit pass, giving fans an up-close look at the crews as they tune the cars between rounds, plus fans can meet their favorite drivers, pose for pictures and collect autographs. For more information or to purchase you tickets for the NHRA Sonoma Nationals, July 25-27, call 800-870-RACE(7223) or visit www.racesonoma.com/nhra.