3J's Motorcycle Days
Motorcycle riders can enjoy a high-speed day on the twists and turns of Sonoma Raceway or a scenic ride through Wine Country all in the name of charity, April 30.
The 3J’s Motorcycle Track Days’ 18th charity event in Sonoma will take over the raceway on Wednesday, April 30th, and will include a full day of riding around the 12-turn road course, a catered lunch, T-shirt, raffle and an evening reception for all riders. It’s truly the perfect day for any two-wheel enthusiast. Cost is $250 and all riding levels are welcome.
Participants can also purchase raffle tickets to win incredible prizes including a future 3J’s Track Day, a one-night stay at The Lodge at Sonoma, a champagne tasting experience at Korbel Winery or dinner at Melting Pot restaurant. 3J’s Motorcycle Track Days events have raised more than $275,000 for worthy causes since 2003.
(A Group) Racers: Intended for racers and very experienced track riders. The pace is extremely fast and there are no restrictions on safe passing. ??
(B Group) Advanced: Intended for experienced track riders who are capable of riding at an accelerated racetrack pace. Safe passing is permitted with at least a 6' cushion.
(C Group) Intermediate : Intended for riders looking to ride in a non-competitive atmosphere. We recommend attending our Racetrack Orientation Class for new track riders as an introduction before your first track session. Courteous, safe passing is permitted with at least a 6' cushion. On and off track guidance is available just let registration know.
How to choose your group:? Choose from a lap time that best reflects your ability, if you are unsure please choose Group C and if you do not belong there we will upgrade you during the normal group rotations.
• Lap times at Sonoma Raceway: 1.50 and below (AFM Course)
• Lap times at Thunderhill: 2.06 and below
Flags and Meanings
Corner workers are positioned at strategic points around the track to monitor track conditions and potential hazards. Should any situation occur, a corner worker will be armed with flags and radios to alert you of any hazards. It is your job to know and pay attention to the flags and cornerworks as it directly relates to your session. Cornerworkers are essential to running a safe track event. They oversee all activity on the track and are responsible for maintaining a safe environment for you to enjoy. Each track day will have a riders meeting to go over these flags, however here is a brief description of the typical flags we use.
Green : Session Begins
Yellow Standing: Caution,
Yellow Waving : Extreme caution, Incident on track or in direct impact area
Yellow w/Red Stripe: Slippery Fluid/Debris on course
Red: All riders stop immediately as is safeand remain stopped until otherwise directed.
Black Waving: Indicates a course closure, maintain a slow safe speed and return to pits
Speedway Children’s Charities, Sonoma Raceway Chapter ready for Action in 2013.
Thanks to the continued support of Sonoma Raceway fans and friends, the Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities has donated more than $4.3 million to non-profit youth organizations in Sonoma County since 2001.
The Sonoma Chapter will host 13 fundraisers during the 2013 motor-racing season at Infineon Raceway. The season is highlighted by the annual Children’s Champions NASCAR Grand Marshal’s Banquet, set for June 21 at Cline Cellars Winery in Sonoma.
The mission of Speedway Children's Charities is to care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives. There are eight SCC chapters around the country, including Sonoma, which provide funding for hundreds of non-profit organizations throughout the nation that meet the direct needs of children.
The list of events for 2013 is as follows:
- Tour de Charity Karting– March 23
- 24 Hours of LeMons – March 23-26
- 3J’s Motorcycle Track Day - May 1
- Historic Race Car Festival – May 18
- Children’s Champions NASCAR Grand Marshall’s Banquet - June 21
- eBay Motors Charity Auction at NASCAR - June 23
- Speedway Children’s Charities Track Walk at NASCAR – June 23
- Eric Medlen Nitro Night at NHRA - July 25
- Eric Medlen Ice Cream Social at NHRA – July 28
- IndyCar® Grand Prix Salute – August 23
- eBay Motors IndyCar Charity Auction - August 25
- Classic Sports Racing Group Charity Challenge - Oct. 5-6
- Toy Drive – Race to the Holidays Children’s Party – Dec. 14
Things to Bring
- Motorcycle Key
- Back Protector
- Tools & Tire Pressure Gauge
- Duct Tape & Zip Ties
- Chain Lube / WD-40**
- Windex/Spray Polish
- Sunglasses & Hat
- Change of Clothes
- Plenty of Fluids & Snacks
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm
- Aspirin / Ibuprofen
Typical Track Day Schedule
Schedule Subject to change:
- 7:00am gates open 7:15am registration opens
- 7:30am tech inspection opens
- Mandatory Riders meeting at 8:00am -must be signed up prior to tech. You must bring your bike and all riding gear to tech (helmet, boots, gloves & riding gear) – all gear must be in good condition
- all lights are to be taped or deactivated (brake and tail lights)
- all mirrors must be taped or removed
- tires must be new or have very little use
- brake pads must be in good condition
- chains adjusted correctly
- tire pressures set for track riding
- 9:00am first group on track
- Rotate groups (3) every 20 minutes
- Lunch at 12-1
- Same rotation after lunch
- Finish at 4:00pm
As always, you will receive a commemorative t-shirt, catered lunch and amazing fun with a great group. Please remember this is all for charity and is not a school. If you should have any questions, feel free to contact Jenah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 933-3990.
|03/04/14||Pro Superbikes Return To Sonoma Raceway|
|11/12/13||New Yamaha WR250 Could Be Yours at Stanton Benefit Track Day in Sonoma|