3J's Motorcycle Days
SAVE THE DATE - 21st 3J’s Motorcycle Track Day is April 29, 2015. Check back at the beginning of 2015 for more information and to sign up.
(A Group) Racers: Intended for racers and very experienced track riders. The pace is extremely fast and there are no restrictions on safe passing.
(B Group) Advanced: Intended for experienced track riders who are capable of riding at an accelerated racetrack pace. Safe passing is permitted with at least a 6' cushion.
(C Group) Intermediate : Intended for riders looking to ride in a non-competitive atmosphere. We recommend attending our Racetrack Orientation Class for new track riders as an introduction before your first track session. Courteous, safe passing is permitted with at least a 6' cushion. On and off track guidance is available just let registration know.
How to choose your group:? Choose from a lap time that best reflects your ability, if you are unsure please choose Group C and if you do not belong there we will upgrade you during the normal group rotations.
• Lap times at Sonoma Raceway: 1.50 and below (AFM Course)
• Lap times at Thunderhill: 2.06 and below
Flags and Meanings
Corner workers are positioned at strategic points around the track to monitor track conditions and potential hazards. Should any situation occur, a corner worker will be armed with flags and radios to alert you of any hazards. It is your job to know and pay attention to the flags and cornerworks as it directly relates to your session. Cornerworkers are essential to running a safe track event. They oversee all activity on the track and are responsible for maintaining a safe environment for you to enjoy. Each track day will have a riders meeting to go over these flags, however here is a brief description of the typical flags we use.
Speedway Children’s Charities, Sonoma Raceway Chapter ready for Action in 2015.
Thanks to the continued support of Sonoma Raceway fans and friends, the Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities has donated more than $4.8 million to non-profit youth organizations in Sonoma County since 2001.
The Sonoma Chapter will host 12 fundraisers during the 2015 motor-racing season at Infineon Raceway. The season is highlighted by the annual Children’s Champions NASCAR Grand Marshal’s Banquet, set for June 26 at Cline Cellars Winery in Sonoma.
The mission of Speedway Children's Charities is to care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives. There are eight SCC chapters around the country, including Sonoma, which provide funding for hundreds of non-profit organizations throughout the nation that meet the direct needs of children.
For more information on the Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities, or if you would like to become involved, please contact Cheri Plattner at email@example.com. or call 707-933-3950.
The list of events for 2015 is as follows:
Charity Track Laps, Jan. 17
24 Hours of LeMons, Jan. 18-19
Tour de Charity karting event, March 21
24 Hours of LeMons, March 21-22
Classic Sports Racing Group April 11
3Js Motorcycle Track Day, April 29
Historic Race Car Festival, May 30
Children's Champions NASCAR Grand Marshal's Banquet, June 26
Charity Auction (online)
Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR – dates TBD
Eric Medlen Nitro Night - NHRA drag racing weekend, July 30
Eric Medlen Ice Cream Social at NHRA Weekend, August 2
Charity Concert – Wonderbread 5 – Aug 25
IndyCar Grand Prix Salute, Aug. 28
Charity Auction (online) GoPro Grand Prix IndyCar - dates TBD
Classic Sports Racing Group Charity Challenge, Oct. 3-4
- Cancel with more than two weeks notice; you are entitled to a refund, transfer or credit
- Cancel with less than two weeks notice; you own the spot. You may transfer, but need to notify 3J’s with new riders info, 48 hours prior to event
RIDERS UNDER 18
- Must be 16 or older on date of event
- Must have one parent sign minor waiver
- Must have one parent at the track during the entirety of the event
Things to Bring
- Motorcycle Key
- Back Protector
- Tools & Tire Pressure Gauge
- Duct Tape & Zip Ties
- Chain Lube / WD-40**
- Windex/Spray Polish
- Sunglasses & Hat
- Change of Clothes
- Plenty of Fluids & Snacks
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm
- Aspirin / Ibuprofen
Typical Track Day Schedule
Schedule Subject to change:
- 7:00am gates open 7:15am registration opens
- 7:30am tech inspection opens
- Mandatory Riders meeting at 8:00am -must be signed up prior to tech. You must bring your bike and all riding gear to tech (helmet, boots, gloves & riding gear) – all gear must be in good condition
- all lights are to be taped or deactivated (brake and tail lights)
- all mirrors must be taped or removed
- tires must be new or have very little use
- brake pads must be in good condition
- chains adjusted correctly
- tire pressures set for track riding
- 9:00am first group on track
- Rotate groups (3) every 20 minutes
- Lunch at 12-1
- Same rotation after lunch
- Finish at 4:00pm
As always, you will receive a commemorative t-shirt, catered lunch and amazing fun with a great group. Please remember this is all for charity and is not a school. If you should have any questions, feel free to contact Jenah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 933-3990.