Sonoma Raceway Toy Drive Benefits Sonoma Valley Children
You can help make the holidays bright for a Sonoma Valley child in need this holiday season by donating a gift to the 10th annual High-Powered Toy Drive at Sonoma Raceway.
All toys collected during the toy drive, which runs through Dec. 7, will be distributed to more than 250 children at the raceway’s annual Race to the Holidays Christmas Party on Saturday, Dec. 15.
New, unwrapped toys and gifts for children from newborns to 12 years old are needed. Donations can be dropped off at the following locations in Sonoma Monday-Friday through Friday, Dec. 7:
- Sonoma Raceway, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, 95476, 800-870-RACE, www.racesonoma.com, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Toys can also be mailed to the raceway.
- WillMar Family Grief and Healing Center, 579 First St. West, Sonoma, 707-935-1946, www.willmarcenter.org, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce, 651-A Broadway, Sonoma, 707-996-1033, www.sonomachamber.com, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sonoma Valley Fire Department, 630 Second Street West, Sonoma, 707-996-2102, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Schell-Vista Fire Department, 23000 Broadway, Sonoma, 707-938-2633, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sonoma Valley Sun, 158 West Napa Street, Sonoma, 707-933-0101, 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Sonoma Index-Tribune, 117 West Napa Street, Sonoma, 707-938-2111, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Redwood Credit Union, 500 W. Napa St #542, Sonoma, CA 95476, (707) 545-4000, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
“Families have told me how special this party is for them and how magical it is. The kids love coming out to the track and it’s awesome for them to have such a treat, and have people outside of Wilmar thinking of them,” said Barbara Cullen, executive director of the WillMar Family Grief and Healing Center. “It’s a gift that these families wouldn’t normally be able to be able to give their kids because of the trauma they are dealing with.”
Gundlach-Bundschu Winery and its guests will again support the Toy Drive at the winery’s Holiday Pa-Looza Open House & Toy Drive on Saturday, Dec. 1. Bring an unwrapped, new toy and receive a complimentary tasting and food pairing, and a chance to win door prizes. The public is encouraged to attend from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. For more information, visit gunbun.com /calendar.