Comcast SportsNet Bay Area to Air World Touring Car Highlight Show
Northern California race fans will be able to enjoy the wild fender-to-fender racing action of the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship, thanks to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.
For the first time ever, the network will feature a 30-minute FIA WTCC Highlight Show following each FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) race spotlighting the race-to-race drama of the championship season
Each highlight show will have multiple airings on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area so race fans and car nuts alike will have plenty of options to catch the broadcasts. Upcoming air dates and times:
- 5/1 @ 4:30pm
- 5/2 @ 10:00pm
- 5/5 @ 2:00pm
- 5/8 @ 6:30pm
- 5/9 @ 4:00pm
- 5/11 @ 5:30pm
- 5/11 @ 10:00pm
- 5/15 @ 10:00pm
- 5/22 @ 6:30pm
- 5/26 @ 6:30pm
- *Schedule subject to change
Air dates for future race highlights will be announced in the coming weeks.
The WTCC series is reserved for production four-door, two-wheel-drive cars modified for racing and equipped with a 1.6 liter turbocharged engine and six-speed sequential gearbox. Fans can easily recognize in the WTCC cars as they are the same models that are on sale in the dealers' showrooms, however these racing machines are capable of reaching a top speed of nearly 180 mph.
Plus, race fans can catch the live racing action at Sonoma Raceway when the series returns to the United States for the second consecutive year, Sept. 7-8. The weekend will feature qualifying on Saturday with two-30 minute sprint races on Sunday. For more information on the WTCC weekend in Sonoma, call 800-870-RACE (7223).
In addition to the WTCC Highlight Show, tune to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area in May for the season debut of Race Week, a weekly half-hour motor-sports program. Race Week presents the region’s most comprehensive coverage of both local and national motor-sports news. Visit CSNBayArea.com for more information.
Listed below is the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship schedule:
- Race of Italy, Autodromo Nazionale Monzam, March 24
- Race of Morocco, Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan, April 7
- Race of Slovakia, Automotodróm Slovakia Ring, April 28
- Race of Hungary, Hungaroring, May 5
- Race of Austria, Salzburgring, May 19
- Race of Russia, Moscow Raceway, June 9
- Race of Portugal, Circuito da Boavista, June 30
- Race of Brazil, Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba, July 28
- Race of the United States, Sonoma Raceway, Sept. 8
- Race of Japan, Suzuka Circuit, Sept. 22
- Race of China, Shanghai International Circuit, November 3
- Guia Race of Macau, Guia Circuit, November 17